October 3, 2014
To receive Newt’s weekly newsletters, click here.
Republican Party Chairman Reince Priebus gave a very good speech yesterday focused on 11 principles for American renewal. They are eleven positive statements about what Republicans believe we must do about the challenges confronting America.
Take a look at his list of Republican principles below. How many do you agree with?
1. Our Constitution should be preserved, valued and honored.
2. We need to start growing America’s economy instead of Washington’s economy so that working Americans see better wages and more opportunity.
3. We need to pass a Balanced Budget Amendment to the Constitution, make government more efficient, and leave the next generation with opportunity, not debt.
4. We need to start over with real healthcare reform that puts patients and their doctors in charge, not unelected bureaucrats in Washington.
5. Our veterans have earned our respect and gratitude, and no veteran should have to wait in line for months or years just to see a doctor.
6. Keeping America safe and strong requires a strong military, growing the economy, energy independence, and secure borders.
7. Every child should have an equal opportunity to get a great education; no parent should be forced to send their child to a failing school.
8. The best anti-poverty program is a strong family and a good job, so our focus should be on getting people out of poverty by lifting up all people and helping them find work.
9. Our country should value the traditions of family, life, religious liberty, and hard work.
10. We should make America energy independent by encouraging investment in domestic energy, lowering prices, and creating jobs at home.
11. We need an immigration system that secures our borders, upholds the law, and boosts our economy.
You can vote on which of these principles are the three most important at GOP.com. How many of the 11 do you agree with? You can let me know where you stand on each of them here.
11 GOP Principles for America
- on October 3, 2014