The Babylon Bee’s comes under fire as the debate over their Dr. Seuss satire continues.
A Flash Brief from the Gingrich 360 team:
Following recent controversies over several Dr. Seuss books and their “racial undertones,” the popular satire site The Babylon Bee poked fun at the situation. Their article “In New Dr. Seuss Book, Cat In The Hat Gives Kids Puberty Blockers While Their Mother Isn’t Home” has now been attacked by Seuss Enterprises as they seek to sue the Bee unless it is taken down.
Seth Dillon, CEO of The Babylon Bee, shared the interaction with Seuss Enterprises on Twitter over the weekend. Dillon reemphasized that they would not be removing the article since satire is fair use and not classified as defamation. As cancel culture seeks to claim victims each day, The Babylon Bee does its best to find humor with such ridiculous situations, but even that could be stopped soon.
Read more about this story at The Daily Wire.
Newt hosts monthly virtual events in which he discusses news of the day and why it matters to you and your community. These Newt Live events are your opportunity to communicate directly with Newt. We hope you will join us next time and let Newt answer your questions and provide his insight on the issues that concern you most.
JOIN TODAY to be a part of this special event and receive a BONUS GIFT. Click here to join Newt’s Inner Circle.
More Flash Briefings from the Gingrich 360 team
- Charity of the Month: American Red Cross Hurricane Ian Disaster Relief
- Federal Bill Would Let Schools Use Unspent Relief Funds to Combat Fentanyl Epidemic
- Over 80% of Pregnancy-Related Deaths Between 2017-19 were Preventable: CDC
- Texas Sends Two Busloads of Migrants Outside Home of Kamala Harris
- Time Running Out to Avoid Rail Strike Threatening ‘Significant Economic Damage’