For the second time in history, H.R. 51, known as the Washington D.C. Admission Act, passed the House yesterday on a party-line vote of 216 Democrats voting for and 208 Republicans voting against. On Apr. 13, Twenty-two attorneys general sent a letter to President Biden and the leaders of Congress opposing bills to make the District of Columbia a state. They argue it is unconstitutional. Newt’s guest for his latest podcast is Alan Wilson, attorney general of South Carolina.
Guest: Alan Wilson
Newt’s Latest Podcasts:
- Newt’s World – Episode 466: Russia – Ukraine War￼
- Newt’s World – Episode 465: The State of the Economy￼
- Newt’s World – Episode 464: The Commitment to America – Live Event
- Newt’s World – Episode 463: Leader Kevin McCarthy on the Commitment to America
- Newt’s World – Episode 462: Border Crisis in El Paso, Texas