For the second time in history, H.R. 51, known as the Washington D.C. Admission Act, passed the House yesterday on a party-line vote of 216 Democrats voting for and 208 Republicans voting against. On Apr. 13, Twenty-two attorneys general sent a letter to President Biden and the leaders of Congress opposing bills to make the District of Columbia a state. They argue it is unconstitutional. Newt’s guest for his latest podcast is Alan Wilson, attorney general of South Carolina.
Guest: Alan Wilson
Newt’s Latest Podcasts:
- Newt’s World – Episode 515: Liz Lev on the Sistine Chapel
- Newt’s World – Episode 514: Stephen Hunter on “The Bullet Garden”￼
- Newt’s World – Episode 516: Drug Prices in America – Worth the Cost?
- Newt’s World – Episode 513: Never Forget Our People Were Always Free￼
- Newt’s World – Episode 512: The Debt Ceiling Debate