Redistrict sees House Republicans gaining up to eight seats based on 2020 Census data. They only need to pick up five seats to win back the House in 2022. GOP in great position to retake majority. Kevin McCarthy poised to take the speakership from Pelosi.
David Wasserman wrote a brilliant analysis for the Cook Political Report on the results of the 2020 Census, which will determine how many House seats each state will receive for the next decade. The census data shows Republicans, who only need to pick up five seats to win back the House in 2022, could gain up to eight seats based on redistricting. In other words, the GOP is in great position to retake the majority, and Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy is poised to replace Nancy Pelosi as speaker of the House.
In addition, I think that President Biden’s speech before a joint session of Congress on Wednesday night is going to be important. I’m looking forward to seeing how many different things his administration admits to and look forward to talking to you more about it on Thursday at our special Inner Circle Newt Live event.
Newt hosts monthly virtual events in which he discusses the news of the day and why it matters to you and your community. These Newt Live events are your opportunity to communicate directly with Newt. We hope you will join us next time and let Newt answer your questions and provide his insight on the issues that concern you most.
Newt’s Latest Audio:
- Newt Gingrich Audio Update: Can Sens. Manchin and Sinema Hold to Their Beliefs?
- Anna Paulina Luna Audio Update: Southwest Airline Pilots Are Fighting for Our Freedom
- Newt Gingrich Audio Update: Major Companies Sound the Alarm on Inflation
- Newt Gingrich Audio Update: Biden’s Christmas Crisis: Supply Chain Shortage
- Newt Gingrich Audio Update: Keep an Eye on the Pandora Papers Story