The Biden administration, which began by closing a pipeline with the stroke of a presidential pen, is now realizing that pipelines do matter.
The hacking of the Colonial Pipeline is a clear warning sign that needs to be taken as seriously as the 9/11 terrorist attacks on New York and the Pentagon — and the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor in December of 1941. Really smart hackers can make millions of dollars at virtually no risk breaking into private or government systems with no significant consequences. That’s why I said on Sean Hannity’s program last night that we should look seriously at a law that would make hacking a death penalty in the United States.
The money you can make out of hacking is so enormous that unless you find some way to make it prohibitively expensive for the hacker, we’re going to have more and more situations like the taking down of the Colonial Pipeline. There’s going to be more and more dangerous, more and more destructive. And we are not prepared to engage in this kind of conflict with the Chinese and the Russians.
Newt hosts monthly virtual events in which he discusses the news of the day and why it matters to you and your community. These Newt Live events are your opportunity to communicate directly with Newt. We hope you will join us next time and let Newt answer your questions and provide his insight on the issues that concern you most.
Newt’s Latest Audio:
- Newt Gingrich Audio Update: Unrest in Kazakhstan Should be Taken Seriously
- Newt Gingrich Audio Update: Biden Border Crisis Forces Arizona Mayor to Declare a State of Emergency
- Newt Gingrich Audio Update: In 2022 It Will Only Get Worse for the Democrats
- Newt Gingrich Audio Update: What Was Sen. Manchin’s Strategy?
- Newt Gingrich Audio Update: American Sports Must Stand Up to China