Do as I say, not as I do: How AOC uses capitalism to decry capitalism and promote herself.
A Flash Brief from the Gingrich 360 Team:
In the first six months of 2021, Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has spent $1.4 million on self-promotional and campaign related merchandise.
Financial Innovations, the political merchandise firm that has created merchandise for former President Barack Obama, Elizabeth Warren, and current President Joe Biden, has received a sum double that of what Ocasio-Cortez’s campaign has paid the firm in the past two years.
According to Andrew Frawley, the manager of Andrew Yang’s 2020 merchandise operation, AOC’s campaign could see up to 50 percent profit from the sales.
Items sold include a sweatshirt that says, “TAX THE RICH,” a $27 coffee mug, and most notably, a sweatshirt that says “SOCIAL ECONOMIC RACIAL JUSTICE” that costs $65.
Read more about AOC’s merchandise spending spree at The Daily Wire.
The Latest from the Gingrich 360 team
- Our Latest Poll: Should Sen. John Fetterman be given special treatment to dress in a hoodie, shorts, and flip-flops on the Senate floor?
- Ellis the Elephant Fun Fact: The Pulitzer Prize-winning photograph of Marines raising the American Flag over destruction is from what battle?
- Ellis the Elephant Fun Fact: Which Founding Father declared, “Give me liberty, or give me death!”
- Our Latest Poll: Should Joe Biden be allowed to pardon his son Hunter?
- Our Latest Poll: Do you believe Joe Biden played an active role in Hunter’s business deals?