Proposed expansion of Selective Service and what it means for all Americans.
A Flash Brief from the Gingrich 360 Team:
A rewrite of the military draft laws authored by Senate Armed Services Chair Jack Reed may be included in the National Defense Authorization Act.
These changes to the Selective Service would include all Americans by removing strictly male language, making women eligible for the draft.
The new provisions went through committee mark-up this week, and any floor action would occur later this year.
To learn more about the proposed bill and who supports it, check out Politico.
The Latest from the Gingrich 360 team
- The FBI Should Focus on Solving Crimes – Not Harassing Former Presidents
- Poll Results: Will China retaliate for Speaker Pelosi’s visit
- Our Latest Poll: Should there be a maximum age limit for being President of the United States?
- FBI: El Paso is a Major Human Smuggling, Kidnapping Destination
- Sending Mail Is Now More Expensive as USPS Hikes Prices