Abbott v. Garland: How the state of Texas is doing what the federal government won’t.
A Flash Brief from the Gingrich 360 Team:
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott issued an executive order that restricted the transportation of people in the country illegally who have the potential to spread COVID-19 into Texas communities.
The order also allows the Texas Department of Public Safety to stop vehicles that arouse suspicion and redirect them back to their point of origin or entry.
In response to Gov. Abbott’s executive order, U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland warned that the order cannot be enforced and that it should be immediately rescinded. Garland said that the executive order goes directly against federal immigration law. If the order is not recalled, Garland has made clear that any legal remedy will be used to ensure that the federal government is not impeded.
Gov. Abbott believes the influx of migrants in Texas communities poses a large risk for COVID-19 infections, and he wants to continue to do all he can to protect the citizens of his state.
To learn more about Gov. Abbott’s executive order read The Daily Wire.
The Latest from the Gingrich 360 team
- Our Latest Poll: Should Sen. John Fetterman be given special treatment to dress in a hoodie, shorts, and flip-flops on the Senate floor?
- Ellis the Elephant Fun Fact: The Pulitzer Prize-winning photograph of Marines raising the American Flag over destruction is from what battle?
- Ellis the Elephant Fun Fact: Which Founding Father declared, “Give me liberty, or give me death!”
- Our Latest Poll: Should Joe Biden be allowed to pardon his son Hunter?
- Our Latest Poll: Do you believe Joe Biden played an active role in Hunter’s business deals?