What the Ohio primary means for the fall election.
The primary results and two special elections in Ohio are interesting. On the Republican side, Mike Carey, who President Trump had endorsed, got 37 percent of the vote. It was a large field, so it was an impressive victory. The race was billed as a test of whether Trump’s endorsements still had influence in the party – so he is happy today. Equally, interesting was the race in Cleveland. Shontel Brown, who had the backing of the traditional establishment Democrats decisively defeated Nina Turner, who was heavily backed by the progressive radical side of Bernie Sanders and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. We’ll see how this plays out in November.
Newt hosts monthly virtual events in which he discusses the news of the day and why it matters to you and your community. These Newt Live events are your opportunity to communicate directly with Newt. We hope you will join us next time and let Newt answer your questions and provide his insight on the issues that concern you most.
Newt’s Latest Audio:
- Newt Gingrich Audio Update: The Biden Administration is Crippling our Economy
- The American People are Not Stupid
- Newt Gingrich Audio Update: Biden Owes Rittenhouse a Public Apology
- Newt Gingrich Audio Update: A White House Out of Touch with Reality
- Newt Gingrich Audio Update: Worsening Inflation will Compound Biden’s Failures