Many on the left seek to demonize Gov. Ron DeSantis and his approach to the situation. Here’s the truth about how Florida is handling COVID-19.
The spread of the COVID-19 delta variant is alarming some Americans to reinstate restrictions, while others feel we must move on with our lives as normal. The latter is especially true in Florida — and to much success. However, many on the left seek to demonize Gov. Ron DeSantis and his approach to the situation. Here’s the truth about how Florida is handling COVID-19.
The state is experiencing a rise in cases topping roughly 18,000 in the first week of August. At the same time, almost every other state is in the same situation — as are many European countries that all have much stricter guidelines.
Additionally, almost 50 percent of state residents are fully vaccinated and counties with higher vaccination rates are still seeing cases rise. This kills the narrative that low vaccination rates are the cause of the state’s woes.
While President Joe Biden said that Gov. DeSantis should “get out of the way” and lock the state down again, the truth is he is not against immunizations or masking at all. DeSantis’ leadership gives residents the freedom they need while being roughly on the same track as states that are far more restrictive. It is important that each state gets to decide its own methods to handle COVID-19 effectively and that the country comes together instead of politicizing the situation.
Read more about what’s fact or fiction in Florida’s COVID-19 spike at the Daily Signal.
The Latest from the Gingrich 360 team
- Facebook Employees Flag Cartels, Traffickers. The Company’s Response is Weak.
- $3.5 Trillion Budget Bill Gives Hundreds of Billions to Nanny State Education Programs
- Latino Voters are Not Satisfied with Biden’s Handling of the Border
- Poll Results: Do you think Democrats will successfully pass the $1 trillion infrastructure bill?
- Exorbitant Spending and Socialist Policies Threaten American’s Way of Life Says Sen. Roger Marshall