The content of education, coupled with the decision of school board leaders to keep schools closed has sparked major changes across the nation.
By CJ Pearson
The COVID-19 pandemic facilitated many changes in the education system, forcing families to rethink how their children attend school. Since March 2020, families have had more insight into their children’s education than ever before. Historical inaccuracies, liberal indoctrination, and disturbing sex-ed curriculums are preached to impressionable children each day. The content of education, coupled with the decision of school board leaders to keep schools closed has sparked major changes across the nation.
According to census data analyzed by The Daily Signal, the number of families that homeschooled their children during the 2020-2021 school year doubled compared to the prior school year. While many public schools were forced to close their doors due to the pandemic; many private schools saw enrollment spike as families sought in-person instruction for their children.
Many states, including Ohio and Indiana have created legislation in hopes of advancing school-choice for families in their states and providing families with the option to use a voucher-system to pay for schooling. While many families would never have considered private school for their children, the CATO Institute reported that 60 percent of private school students received in-person instruction last year, while 24 percent of public-school students received in person instruction.
This year back-to-school looks a little different. For many families it means taking education into their own hands. For others, it means financial sacrifice to send their kids to better schools. Whichever choice, both indicate that America’s public school system is failing families.
To read more about school changes this fall, visit The Daily Signal.
The Latest from the Gingrich 360 team
- Facebook Employees Flag Cartels, Traffickers. The Company’s Response is Weak.
- $3.5 Trillion Budget Bill Gives Hundreds of Billions to Nanny State Education Programs
- Latino Voters are Not Satisfied with Biden’s Handling of the Border
- Poll Results: Do you think Democrats will successfully pass the $1 trillion infrastructure bill?
- Exorbitant Spending and Socialist Policies Threaten American’s Way of Life Says Sen. Roger Marshall
CJ’s Latest Podcasts:
- CJ Pearson UNCENSORED – Episode 39: CJ Takes on Yik Yak
- Quinnipiac University to Begin Fining Unvaccinated Students
- CJ Pearson UNCENSORED – Episode 38: Biden’s Afghanistan Fiasco with Jack Posobiec
- School Choice and Homeschooling – Why Back to School may Never be the Same
- CJ Pearson UNCENSORED – Episode 37: Biden Flounders on the World Stage