New York Gov. Kathy Hochul reveals the truth behind COVID-19 deaths in the state after Cuomo’s ousting.
Following Andrew Cuomo’s resignation as governor of New York, his replacement, Kathy Hochul, hopes to be more honest than her predecessor to improve the state’s image. This carries with it the burden of revealing negative news as well, with Hochul’s team revealing even more COVID-19 deaths in the state than originally acknowledged under Gov. Cuomo.
An additional 12,000 deaths were added, bringing the total count to just more than 55,000 deaths due to COVID-19. “Transparency will be the hallmark of my administration,” Hochul stated at her press conference when delivering these tragic statistics. “Whether it’s good or bad, they need to know the truth,” she went on to say, remarking that confidence in the state must be restored.
While Cuomo attempted to cover up many of the nursing home and hospice deaths related to COVID-19, Gov. Hochul is making strides to avoid the same mistakes. COVID-19 lockdowns and restrictions have been notoriously strict in New York throughout the pandemic, even as the death toll rises above that of states with fewer guidelines. It will be interesting to see what Gov. Hochul’s next moves will be as she attempts to restore faith in state leadership and guide New York into safer territory.
Read more about the COVID-19 numbers in New York at AP News.
The Latest from the Gingrich 360 team
- Facebook Employees Flag Cartels, Traffickers. The Company’s Response is Weak.
- $3.5 Trillion Budget Bill Gives Hundreds of Billions to Nanny State Education Programs
- Latino Voters are Not Satisfied with Biden’s Handling of the Border
- Poll Results: Do you think Democrats will successfully pass the $1 trillion infrastructure bill?
- Exorbitant Spending and Socialist Policies Threaten American’s Way of Life Says Sen. Roger Marshall