Afghan Ambassador to the U.S: “women will be those who will be losing the most,” under Taliban rule.
The United States has officially exited Afghanistan, leaving behind many Americans and a country full of defenseless Afghans. In recent statements, the Taliban claimed it would respect women and girls. Despite such statements, Afghans are fearful of their circumstance, and have no reason to believe the Taliban will do as it says.
At The Heritage Foundation, former Afghan Ambassador to the United States, Roya Rahmani said, “It seems that the women will be those who will be losing the most, whether it is because of the conflict or the authoritarian regime that is oppressive toward women.”
To read more about Violence Against Women at the Hands of the Taliban, click here.
The Latest from the Gingrich 360 team
- Our Latest Poll: Did you watch the debate between Governors Newsom and DeSantis?
- Ellis the Elephant Fun Fact: What kind of shop did the Wright Brothers operate prior to their first flight?
- Our Latest Poll: Do America’s veterans get the care they deserve?
- Our Latest Poll: Should Congress do more to protect Jewish Americans?
- Ellis the Elephant Fun Fact: Who founded New York as a Dutch settler?