Australia’s current COVID-19 and firearm freedom turmoil should be more than enough proof that America can’t afford to make the same mistakes.
By Anna Paulina Luna
Many on the left seek to use Australia’s strict gun laws as an example for the U.S. to follow. In reality, Australians’ rights to defend themselves are now being exploited by their own government and police.
Due to surging COVID-19 cases, Australia has once again imposed strict lockdowns in most areas of the country. Recent footage and reports show that those who disobey by merely going outside are being shot with non-lethal rubber bullets by police. While these outrageous actions of violence and control might be expected from the Chinese Communist Party, seeing it from Australia is truly shocking.
Americans should look to what’s happening in Australia and defend their rights, from firearms to free speech. Australia’s own ambassador to the U.S., Joe Hockey even admits that “Australia was born from a culture of ‘the government will protect me,’” changing the discussion of how Australian laws compare to our country. We now see how dangerous that mindset can be and why the left’s proposed courses of action should not be followed.
Read more about this story at the National Pulse.
The Latest from Anna Paulina Luna:
- Luna Talks with Anna Paulina – Episode 47: Stonk Wars with WallStreetBets
- Luna Talks with Anna Paulina – Episode 46: David vs. Goliath with DC Draino
- Luna Talks with Anna Paulina – Episode 45: Congress’s No Good, Rotten Infrastructure Bill
- Luna Talks with Anna Paulina – Episode 44: On the Front Lines of the Critical Race Theory Fight
- Luna Talks with Anna Paulina – Episode 43: Glenn Youngkin’s Victory Is a Sign of Things to Come