Australia’s current COVID-19 and firearm freedom turmoil should be more than enough proof that America can’t afford to make the same mistakes.
By Anna Paulina Luna
Many on the left seek to use Australia’s strict gun laws as an example for the U.S. to follow. In reality, Australians’ rights to defend themselves are now being exploited by their own government and police.
Due to surging COVID-19 cases, Australia has once again imposed strict lockdowns in most areas of the country. Recent footage and reports show that those who disobey by merely going outside are being shot with non-lethal rubber bullets by police. While these outrageous actions of violence and control might be expected from the Chinese Communist Party, seeing it from Australia is truly shocking.
Americans should look to what’s happening in Australia and defend their rights, from firearms to free speech. Australia’s own ambassador to the U.S., Joe Hockey even admits that “Australia was born from a culture of ‘the government will protect me,’” changing the discussion of how Australian laws compare to our country. We now see how dangerous that mindset can be and why the left’s proposed courses of action should not be followed.
Read more about this story at the National Pulse.
The Latest from Anna Paulina Luna:
- Luna Talks with Anna Paulina – Episode 39: What the Military Doesn’t Want you to Hear: An Exclusive with Lt. Col Scheller’s Parents
- Luna Talks with Anna Paulina – Episode 38: The Brown Paper Bag Test of Leftist Politics
- Luna Talks with Anna Paulina – Episode 37: Winning the Culture War with Topher
- Luna Talks with Anna Paulina – Episode 36: Fighting Identity Politics on Immigration with Catalina Lauf
- Luna Talks with Anna Paulina – Episode 35: Exposing the System with Graham Allen