Rising energy costs, supply chain and labor shortages, and Big Government Socialist spending are leading to high inflation – a hidden tax on the American people. Major companies are sounding the alarm.
During its latest earnings call, Costco’s CFO warned investors about escalating shipping prices and how this will raise the cost of its inventory. Nike, FedEx, and General Mills have raised similar concerns. For example, a 40-foot shipping container leaving Shanghai and bound for New York cost $2,000 in 2020. But now the same container runs as high as $20,000. When you add in the higher cost of labor, the lack of truck drivers to deliver goods to retailers, higher energy costs, and Big Government Socialists working to pass massive spending bills, you will have out-of-control inflation. This model will not work in the long run, and this inflationary tax will be a significant burden on lower and middle-class American families.
Newt hosts monthly virtual events in which he discusses the news of the day and why it matters to you and your community. These Newt Live events are your opportunity to communicate directly with Newt. We hope you will join us next time and let Newt answer your questions and provide his insight on the issues that concern you most.
Newt’s Latest Audio:
- Newt Gingrich Audio Update: The Biden Administration is Crippling our Economy
- The American People are Not Stupid
- Newt Gingrich Audio Update: Biden Owes Rittenhouse a Public Apology
- Newt Gingrich Audio Update: A White House Out of Touch with Reality
- Newt Gingrich Audio Update: Worsening Inflation will Compound Biden’s Failures