Taxpayers will pay for decades to come regardless of what the final price tag of the bill is.
Sens. Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema have forced the progressives in the House and Senate to admit that the cost of their budget reconciliation package must be closer to $1.5 trillion. Pramila Jayapal, the Progressive Caucus Chair said that the left is focused on getting all of the programs that it sought, but in a shorter period of time. Progressives know that once an entitlement is created, it becomes virtually impossible to repeal. Take for example, the child tax credit and its decade price tag of more than $1 trillion.
Progressives seek to hide their universal pre-k entitlement program by shifting the cost to the states. Other ploys in the package concern the true price tag of paid family leave, so-called free community college, and expanded Medicaid and Medicare. However the left tries to disguise the true budget numbers, it is impossible to meet Manchin’s demand of $1.5 trillion. Taxpayers will pay for decades to come regardless of what the final price tag is.
To read more about the budget gimmicks progressives Democrats are using visit the Wall Street Journal.
Read More From Speaker Newt Gingrich:
The Latest from the Gingrich 360 team
- Our Latest Poll: The administration is utterly clueless about the economic impacts of the United States supply chain crisis. Which element (link) in the supply chain has you most concerned?
- Supply Shortages Not Going Away Any Time Soon Thanks to Biden’s Policies
- President Biden and the Next Cold War
- The Winter of High Gas Bills
- Newt Gingrich on Hannity | October 18, 2021