Unaccompanied children, human trafficking, and drugs, are issues at the crux of the border crisis, and the Biden administration is doing little to address them.
Recently ousted U.S. Border Patrol Chief Rodney Scott recently spoke out on the Biden administration’s unsustainable border policies. Having joined Border Patrol in 1992, Scott has seen a range of polices in action. In February 2020, Scott became chief under the Trump administration. While working in his role, Scott encountered the harsh realities the Biden administration does not seem to understand. Unaccompanied children, human trafficking, and drugs, are issues at the crux of the border crisis, and the Biden administration is doing little to address them.
Scott complimented the Trump administration’s efforts, finding that many issues previously resolved were made challenges again by the Biden administration. “We had an increase in adult males because the administration and the Democrat presidential candidates were signaling throughout the presidential campaign they weren’t going to deport anybody. They were going to offer free health care.” He said, “as soon as Biden blew up the agreements with Central America, the [Remain in Mexico] policy, that’s what sparked this. That’s the root cause.”
Scott added, “There has to be a consequence. If there is no consequence to illegal entry, then it’s never going to stop.”
To read more from former Border Patrol Chief Scott, visit The Daily Signal.
The Latest from the Gingrich 360 team
- Our Latest Poll: Did you watch the debate between Governors Newsom and DeSantis?
- Ellis the Elephant Fun Fact: What kind of shop did the Wright Brothers operate prior to their first flight?
- Our Latest Poll: Do America’s veterans get the care they deserve?
- Our Latest Poll: Should Congress do more to protect Jewish Americans?
- Ellis the Elephant Fun Fact: Who founded New York as a Dutch settler?