Pepperdine professor Robert Kaufman discusses the hypocrisy of American elites on China.
Robert Kaufman, a professor at Pepperdine University’s School of Public Policy claims that “many of our elite institutions pander to China.” In an interview with Fox News, he said that they serve as a “fifth column” for China. Kaufman emphasized the hypocrisy of social media companies, universities, sporting and entertainment industries, corporations, and parts of the Biden administration. When Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey spoke out against the sweeping national security law imposed on Hong Kong by China in 2019, he faced fierce backlash from the NBA. According to Kaufmann, this double standard deceives Americans and keeps the public ignorant of the true nature and dimension of the threat posed by China.
Professor Kaufmann’s goal is to advocate for a more open national conversation about the realities of Chinese aggression. He credits former Attorney General Bill Barr, senators Tom Cotton, and Ted Cruz for confronting institutions that perpetuate false narratives as well as display double standards that demonize the United States. Kaufmann concludes by stating that “when you level with the American people, rather than trying to manipulate them … the American people are going to make the right decision.”
To read more about American elites turning a blind eye to Chinese threats visit www.foxnews.com
The Latest from the Gingrich 360 team
- Our Latest Poll: Should Sen. John Fetterman be given special treatment to dress in a hoodie, shorts, and flip-flops on the Senate floor?
- President Joe Biden’s Proposed Energy Standards Erodes Consumer Freedom
- China’s Nuclear Power Surge Challenges America’s Stagnant Growth
- Controversial Gun Control Order by New Mexico Governor Sparks Legal Battle and Bipartisan Outcry
- Tim Ballard’s Message: The Border Crisis and Child Trafficking Nexus