Last week, we asked readers, "Are high prices causing you to rethink your Thanksgiving plans?" A total of 221 reader responded to voice their holiday plans.
Responses to the question were split almost evenly. Roughly 53.85 percent said "yes," their plans for Thanksgiving have been altered due to prices increases (119 readers). The remaining 46.15 percent stated their plans haven't been impacted by high prices (102 readers).
Prices on all types of goods have increased over the course of the year due to inflation and supply chain issues. Meats and poultry have seen an especially large hike in price. Many economist advised to buy early for Thanksgiving as shelves start to empty and advise shoppers to do the same for Christmas. The Biden administration's handling of our economic state must change in order for Americans to make ends meet.
Disclaimer: These polls are to measure the opinions of our readers, and the results reflect the views of those who choose to respond. These polls are opinion-based and not proven, nor based on scientific methods of sampling, data collection, and analysis. We encourage all readers to be informed and educated based on scientific methods of data collections.