Newt talks with Governor Pete Ricketts about refunding $400 million dollars to Nebraska’s taxpayers.
Earlier this month, Governor Pete Ricketts of the State of Nebraska announced that he was giving $400 million dollars in surplus back to the Nebraska taxpayers. An extraordinary move, when many other states have used all of their federal funding to increase spending. Nebraska won the Governor’s Cup for the most economic development projects per capita three years in a row from 2016 – 2018. And in 2021, Nebraska has the lowest unemployment rate in all 50 states. Newt’s guest is Governor Pete Ricketts.
Guest: Governor Pete Ricketts
Nebraska Again Improves Best-Ever Unemployment Rate – Press Release (Jan. 26, 2022)
Gov. Ricketts’ State of the State Address (Jan. 13, 2022)
Gov. Ricketts, Revenue Committee Set Tax Relief as Legislative Priority – Press Release (Jan. 6, 2022)
Ricketts, Lawmaker Vow to Use Excess Revenue for Tax Cuts – USA News (Jan. 6, 2022)
Newt’s Latest Podcasts:
- Newt’s World – Episode 568: The Fall of the FBI
- Newt’s World – Episode 565: Fun Things to Do at Smithsonian’s National Zoo
- Newt’s World – Episode 564: Gregg Jarrett on “The Trial of the Century”
- Newt’s World – Episode 563: Cal Thomas on 50 Years in Journalism
- Newt’s World – Episode 562: Balance the Budget to Save America