Newt talks with Dr. Weifeng Zhong about growing up in China, and his great awakening once he attended the University of Hong Kong and then came to the United States.
Dr. Weifeng Zhong grew up in China and attended college at Shantou University in Guangdong. He then went to University of Hong Kong, where he saw the “Pillar of Shame” about the Tiananmen Square Massacre for the first time and it changed his worldview. He has since founded the “Policy Change Index” Project to track China’s propaganda machine with machine learning and artificial intelligence. Dr. Weifeng Zhong is a Senior Research Fellow at the Mercatus Center at George Mason University.
Guest: Dr. Weifeng Zhong
Xi Jinping Strengthens His Grip Over Chinese Media – The Dispatch
Politicians Move on Uyghur Forced Labor, But We Hold the Key – Washington Examiner
Newt’s Latest Podcasts:
- ￼Newt’s World – Episode 539: Putin and Xi
- Newt’s World – Episode 536: The Threat of the Mexican Drug Cartels Part 2
- Newt’s World – Episode 535: Mexican Drug Cartels – Part 1
- Newt’s World – Episode 534: The State of the Economy: SVB, Interest Rates, and Protecting Your Retirement
- Newt’s World – Episode 533: Newt Answers Your Questions with Vivek Ramaswamy