Newt has always been fascinated by dinosaurs. In this episode, he’s talking with paleontologist, Dr. Steve Brusatte about the discovery of “Baby Yingliang”.
In late December, the news of “Baby Yingliang”, an exquisitely preserved dinosaur embryo, was reported in the journal iScience. The oviraptorosaur embryo had been acquired in 2000, but ended up in storage, until recently when museum staff identified the eggs and the embryo hidden within one of them. Newt’s guest is Dr. Stephen Brusatte, Chair of Paleontology and Evolution at the University of Edinburgh.
Guest: Dr. Steve Brusatte
An Exquisitely Preserved In-Ovo Theropod Dinosaur Embryo Sheds Light on Avian-Like Prehatching Postures – iScience
Newt’s Latest Podcasts:
- Newt’s World – Episode 565: Fun Things to Do at Smithsonian’s National Zoo
- Newt’s World – Episode 564: Gregg Jarrett on “The Trial of the Century”
- Newt’s World – Episode 563: Cal Thomas on 50 Years in Journalism
- Newt’s World – Episode 562: Balance the Budget to Save America
- Newt’s World – Episode 561: Chairman Jason Smith on the Debt Ceiling