Newt’s guest is Cliff May, from the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, who argues a second cold war has been declared against the United States.
Has a new cold war begun? Since the 1950s we have relied on deterrence to stop anyone from using nuclear weapons because the reaction would be so terrible. And for 70 years it worked. Now, we’re moving into a world where we need to consider what defending is going to mean for a nuclear or cyber-attack. Newt’s guest is Cliff May, Founder and President of the Foundation for Defense of Democracies.
Guest: Clifford May
The death of MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction) – Washington Times
Russia, Ukraine and the West’s Grand Delusion of Freedom – Washington Times
Putin’s Winter War – Washington Times
Newt’s Latest Podcasts:
- Newt’s World – Episode 565: Fun Things to Do at Smithsonian’s National Zoo
- Newt’s World – Episode 564: Gregg Jarrett on “The Trial of the Century”
- Newt’s World – Episode 563: Cal Thomas on 50 Years in Journalism
- Newt’s World – Episode 562: Balance the Budget to Save America
- Newt’s World – Episode 561: Chairman Jason Smith on the Debt Ceiling