Newt talks with Ilan Berman from the American Foreign Policy Council about the negotiations with Iran over the nuclear deal.
In 2015, the Obama administration negotiated a deal with the Iranian’s known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, or J.C.P.O.A. It was a detailed, 159-page agreement reached by Iran and China, France, Germany, Russia, the United Kingdom and the United States. The deal basically stopped Iran from building their own nuclear bombs. Now, the Biden administration is trying to re-negotiate the deal, but there’s only one problem. They were not invited to the negotiating table. The Iranian’s did not want them there. Newt’s guest is Ilan Berman, Senior Vice President at the American Foreign Policy Council.
Guest: Ilan Berman
Israel Considers Its Iran Options – Al Hurra Digital
Fueling an Iranian Comeback – The Hill
Newt’s Latest Podcasts:
- Newt’s World – Episode 565: Fun Things to Do at Smithsonian’s National Zoo
- Newt’s World – Episode 564: Gregg Jarrett on “The Trial of the Century”
- Newt’s World – Episode 563: Cal Thomas on 50 Years in Journalism
- Newt’s World – Episode 562: Balance the Budget to Save America
- Newt’s World – Episode 561: Chairman Jason Smith on the Debt Ceiling