Newt talks with Dr. Steve Brusatte about his new book, “The Rise and Reign of the Mammals” and the new film, “Jurassic World: Dominion”.
How did mammals survive the massive asteroid strike 66 million years ago that led to the extinction of the dinosaurs? Newt is joined by “one of the stars of modern paleontology” according to National Geographic and he is also the Paleontology Advisor on the new film “Jurassic World: Dominion” in theaters now. Newt’s guest is Dr. Steve Brusatte, his new book, “The Rise and Reign of the Mammals” vividly imagines lost worlds, and introduces us to a sweeping and revelatory new history of mammals.
Guest: Dr. Steve Brusatte
How Mammals Conquered the World after the Asteroid Apocalypse – Scientific American
Fossil biomolecules reveal an avian metabolism in the ancestral dinosaur – Nature
Dinosaurs Started Out Hot, Then Some of Them Turned Cold – New York Times
Newt’s Latest Podcasts:
- Newt’s World – Episode 535: Mexican Drug Cartels – Part 1
- Newt’s World – Episode 534: The State of the Economy: SVB, Interest Rates, and Protecting Your Retirement
- Newt’s World – Episode 533: Newt Answers Your Questions with Vivek Ramaswamy
- Newt’s World – Episode 532: Mike Pompeo on “Never Give An Inch”￼
- Newt’s World – Episode 531: James Rosen on Justice Scalia