Between February and June, the FBI and its task force partners uncovered 88 people who paid to be smuggled into the U.S. Once they got to El Paso.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation El Paso Field Office reported that El Paso, Texas, is a central destination for human smuggling and extortion. This is an ongoing warning since the FBI has been issuing warnings and alerts nearly every month this year concerning kidnapping and extortion crimes taking place in the border town.
Between February and June, the FBI and its task force partners uncovered 88 people who paid to be smuggled into the U.S. Once they got to El Paso. The immigrants were held for ransom against their will in stash houses in dirty and dangerous environments.
Human smuggling is a felony based on state and federal law, having various sentences dependent on the degree of harm imposed.
Click here to read more.
The Latest from the Gingrich 360 team
- Falling test scores illustrate the disaster of distance learning
- Britain’s new prime minister will raise hopes in Beijing and concerns in Washington
- According to Zelenskyy, Russian Troops “Were Not Trained For Combat”
- Federal Bill Would Let Schools Use Unspent Relief Funds to Combat Fentanyl Epidemic
- Over 80% of Pregnancy-Related Deaths Between 2017-19 were Preventable: CDC