Between February and June, the FBI and its task force partners uncovered 88 people who paid to be smuggled into the U.S. Once they got to El Paso.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation El Paso Field Office reported that El Paso, Texas, is a central destination for human smuggling and extortion. This is an ongoing warning since the FBI has been issuing warnings and alerts nearly every month this year concerning kidnapping and extortion crimes taking place in the border town.
Between February and June, the FBI and its task force partners uncovered 88 people who paid to be smuggled into the U.S. Once they got to El Paso. The immigrants were held for ransom against their will in stash houses in dirty and dangerous environments.
Human smuggling is a felony based on state and federal law, having various sentences dependent on the degree of harm imposed.
Click here to read more.
The Latest from the Gingrich 360 team
- Our Latest Poll: Who will win the Super Bowl?
- Our Latest Poll: Should federal workers who strike be fired?
- House Oversight Republicans Challenge Cassidy Hutchinson’s Testimony on January 6
- Our Latest Poll: Should Defense Sec. Austin step down?
- Our Latest Poll: Did you watch the debate between Governors Newsom and DeSantis?