Starting July 17, Hong Kong Health Minister Lo Chung-Mau announced Monday that all COVID-19 patients under home quarantine will have to wear an electronic bracelet to stop them from leaving their homes.
The bracelet will track COVID-positive patients on the LeaveHomeSafe app. Visitors will have special codes as well, Lo said. The minister said the measures will make it easier for Hong Kong to determine who is traveling from overseas.
More information will reportedly be released later, according to the health ministry. The measures were initiated after the analysis of Hong Kong’s local infection rates.
Click here to read more.
Get Newt’s Latest Book:
- Cancer Patients Lose the Most Under Democrats’ Tax and Spend Bill
- More Than 350 Rockets Fired Toward Israel, Sirens Sound in Tel Aviv
- North Korea Offers Russia 100,000 ‘Volunteers’ for War on Ukraine, Russian State TV Says
- North Carolina County Will Put AR-15s In Every School
- Ted Cruz to ‘Wait and See’ If Trump Runs Before Making The 2024 Decision