A large group of independent American truckers is protesting California’s gig worker law and shutting down the Port of Oakland, the eighth largest port in the world. The 2019 law demands that companies such as Uber, Lyft, and DoorDash reclassify independent contractors as employees.
This follows last month’s news that the U.S. Supreme Court declined to listen to the California Trucking Association’s appeal that was in place for approximately two years to safeguard an estimated 70,000 independent truckers from the law’s effect.
Bill Aboudi, the owner of AB Trucking, said, “it seems the governor is not concerned about taking American workers’ rights away.” Most notably, he said the current gas prices and inflation are not helping the situation.
Click here to read more.
Get Newt’s Latest Book:
- Biden’s Illegal Immigrants
- Our Latest Poll: Should taxpayer’s money be used to house Biden’s illegal immigrants?
- Ellis the Elephant Fun Fact: Which country sold the territory known as the Louisiana Purchase to the United States in 1803?
- Newt Gingrich on Fox & Friends | December 4, 2023
- Newt’s World – Newt’s World – Episode 636: Honoring Dr. Henry Kissinger