Shrinkflation mainly referred to the shrinking size of paper towels, cereals, and other store products due to rising costs. But it is now shrinking your favorite burgers and pizzas. Yelp has shared, “For the first time ever consumers are mentioning ‘shrinkflation’ in Yelp reviews.”
According to the new data, “In Q2 2022, consumers are talking about shrinkflation-related experiences most commonly at restaurants serving more affordable offerings like hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza, followed by seafood restaurants, Italian food, and Chinese food.”
Noteworthy mentions of shrinkflation include chicken shops (up 82 percent), TexMex (up 68 percent), fruit and vegetable markets (up 66 percent), Caribbean restaurants (up 65 percent), poke (64 percent), soul food (up 57 percent), Hawaiian restaurants (up 57 percent) and convenience stores (up 55 percent).
As food is becoming more expensive due to inflation, portions and quality are getting worse.
Click here to read more.
Get Newt’s Latest Book:
- The Trump of Argentina Wins
- Our Latest Poll: Are you interested in the debate between Governors Newsom and DeSantis?
- Ellis the Elephant Fun Fact: What kind of shop did the Wright Brothers operate prior to their first flight?
- Inner Circle: Pentagon Audit Showing Missing Assets Signals Urgent Need for Reform
- Pentagon Audit Showing Missing Assets Signals Urgent Need for Reform