Shrinkflation mainly referred to the shrinking size of paper towels, cereals, and other store products due to rising costs. But it is now shrinking your favorite burgers and pizzas. Yelp has shared, “For the first time ever consumers are mentioning ‘shrinkflation’ in Yelp reviews.”
According to the new data, “In Q2 2022, consumers are talking about shrinkflation-related experiences most commonly at restaurants serving more affordable offerings like hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza, followed by seafood restaurants, Italian food, and Chinese food.”
Noteworthy mentions of shrinkflation include chicken shops (up 82 percent), TexMex (up 68 percent), fruit and vegetable markets (up 66 percent), Caribbean restaurants (up 65 percent), poke (64 percent), soul food (up 57 percent), Hawaiian restaurants (up 57 percent) and convenience stores (up 55 percent).
As food is becoming more expensive due to inflation, portions and quality are getting worse.
Click here to read more.
Get Newt’s Latest Book:
- Cancer Patients Lose the Most Under Democrats’ Tax and Spend Bill
- More Than 350 Rockets Fired Toward Israel, Sirens Sound in Tel Aviv
- North Korea Offers Russia 100,000 ‘Volunteers’ for War on Ukraine, Russian State TV Says
- North Carolina County Will Put AR-15s In Every School
- Ted Cruz to ‘Wait and See’ If Trump Runs Before Making The 2024 Decision