Fox News Digital recently asked Democrat elected officials in Chicago how they planned to address plummeting arrest numbers and police morale in the city where crime has surged since 2020. They remained silent.
In 2021, Chicago police arrested 12 percent of criminal cases, the lowest arrest rate since 2001. Officials such as Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker, Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot, and Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx were specifically asked for comments on how they plan to address the drop in arrests but gave no responses by press time.
The Chicago Tribune reported that the Windy City recorded nearly 770 homicides in 2020, up 50 percent compared to 2019. Last year, the city broke 25-year record exceeding 800 homicides.
Click here to read more
Get Newt’s Latest Book:
- Cancer Patients Lose the Most Under Democrats’ Tax and Spend Bill
- More Than 350 Rockets Fired Toward Israel, Sirens Sound in Tel Aviv
- North Korea Offers Russia 100,000 ‘Volunteers’ for War on Ukraine, Russian State TV Says
- North Carolina County Will Put AR-15s In Every School
- Ted Cruz to ‘Wait and See’ If Trump Runs Before Making The 2024 Decision