China has suspended imports from 35 Taiwanese exporters of biscuits and pastries. Among the 3,200 Taiwanese companies enrolled with China’s customs under the food category, 2,066 entries have been listed in “import suspension.”
A business manager at one of the affected Taiwanese food producers said, “I learned about the ban before I got off work last night.” The manager said he did not know why the suspension was initiated.
The suspensions came as China repetitively advised Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi against traveling to Taiwan. China’s General Administration of Customs did not immediately respond to requests for comments.
Click here to read more
Get Newt’s Latest Book:
- Cancer Patients Lose the Most Under Democrats’ Tax and Spend Bill
- More Than 350 Rockets Fired Toward Israel, Sirens Sound in Tel Aviv
- North Korea Offers Russia 100,000 ‘Volunteers’ for War on Ukraine, Russian State TV Says
- North Carolina County Will Put AR-15s In Every School
- Ted Cruz to ‘Wait and See’ If Trump Runs Before Making The 2024 Decision