China has suspended imports from 35 Taiwanese exporters of biscuits and pastries. Among the 3,200 Taiwanese companies enrolled with China’s customs under the food category, 2,066 entries have been listed in “import suspension.”
A business manager at one of the affected Taiwanese food producers said, “I learned about the ban before I got off work last night.” The manager said he did not know why the suspension was initiated.
The suspensions came as China repetitively advised Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi against traveling to Taiwan. China’s General Administration of Customs did not immediately respond to requests for comments.
Click here to read more
Get Newt’s Latest Book:
- Inner Circle Audio Exclusive: Retailers Leaving Democrat Run Cities
- Newt’s World – Episode 613: Chairman James Comer on the Biden Impeachment Inquiry
- Charity of the Month: Breast Cancer Research Foundation
- Pope Francis Creates 21 New Cardinals
- Newt’s World – Episode 612: The State of the Economy: Government Shutdown + Newt’s Exciting Announcement