U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s visit to Taiwan has made headlines worldwide. President Joe Biden’s administration did not publicly encourage Pelosi’s trip, with the president saying the military felt it was “not a good idea right now” in the midst of heightened tensions.
China has responded to the visit by declaring a series of days-long military exercises surrounding Taiwan and accusing the U.S. and Taiwan governments, of conspiring to undermine Chinese sovereignty and national security.
After Taiwan, Speaker Nancy Pelosi is due to visit South Korea and Japan, both key U.S. security partners in Asia.
Click here to read more
Get Newt’s Latest Book:
- Cancer Patients Lose the Most Under Democrats’ Tax and Spend Bill
- More Than 350 Rockets Fired Toward Israel, Sirens Sound in Tel Aviv
- North Korea Offers Russia 100,000 ‘Volunteers’ for War on Ukraine, Russian State TV Says
- North Carolina County Will Put AR-15s In Every School
- Ted Cruz to ‘Wait and See’ If Trump Runs Before Making The 2024 Decision