On Wednesday, The West Virginia Coal Association and other state-based coal industry groups blasted the tax and spending deal that Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) announced last week, warning it will “severely threaten American coal” and an estimated 381,000 jobs.
The groups penned in a statement, “This legislation is so egregious, it leaves those of us that call Sen. Manchin a friend, shocked and disheartened.” Warning that the deal Manchin constructed with Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) after months of negotiation “will quickly diminish our coal producing operations and all but obviate any need to innovate coal assets.”
Manchin said he would work on reforms that will help fossil fuel producers.
Click here to read more
Get Newt’s Latest Book:
- Cancer Patients Lose the Most Under Democrats’ Tax and Spend Bill
- More Than 350 Rockets Fired Toward Israel, Sirens Sound in Tel Aviv
- North Korea Offers Russia 100,000 ‘Volunteers’ for War on Ukraine, Russian State TV Says
- North Carolina County Will Put AR-15s In Every School
- Ted Cruz to ‘Wait and See’ If Trump Runs Before Making The 2024 Decision