On Monday, Cracker Barrel posted on Facebook about a plant-based sausage made by Impossible Foods that the restaurant chain had added to breakfast menus earlier this summer. The post sparked strong reactions from its followers, with many complaining that Cracker Barrel should not be offering the meat alternative.
Cracker Barrel added Impossible Sausage to menus as part of a broader shakeup of its offerings. The chain said this was its “first plant-based protein at a time when more than ever, consumers are seeking plant-based options that are better for them.”
Many people think of Cracker Barrel as a country restaurant that serves authentic southern food, which is the main reason for outrage over the new meat alternative offering.
Click here to read more
Get Newt’s Latest Book:
- Biden’s Illegal Immigrants
- Our Latest Poll: Should taxpayer’s money be used to house Biden’s illegal immigrants?
- Ellis the Elephant Fun Fact: Which country sold the territory known as the Louisiana Purchase to the United States in 1803?
- Newt Gingrich on Fox & Friends | December 4, 2023
- Newt’s World – Newt’s World – Episode 636: Honoring Dr. Henry Kissinger