Former President Donald Trump won the Conservative Political Action Conference’s 2024 straw poll, signaling he remains the first choice of Republican activists for the party’s presidential nomination. The final numbers announced on Saturday showed Trump with 69 percent support.
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis came in second with 24 percent. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) followed in third place with 2 percent over a dozen other candidates such as former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin, and Florida Sen. Rick Scott, who all received 1 percent or less.
Ninety-nine percent of the conference attendees said they approved of Trump’s job as president.
Click here to read more
Get Newt’s Latest Book:
- Our Latest Poll: Are you interested in the debate between Governors Newsom and DeSantis?
- Ellis the Elephant Fun Fact: What kind of shop did the Wright Brothers operate prior to their first flight?
- Inner Circle: Pentagon Audit Showing Missing Assets Signals Urgent Need for Reform
- Pentagon Audit Showing Missing Assets Signals Urgent Need for Reform
- Inner Circle: American Despotism – When the Democrat Establishment Collapsed