Former President Donald Trump won the Conservative Political Action Conference’s 2024 straw poll, signaling he remains the first choice of Republican activists for the party’s presidential nomination. The final numbers announced on Saturday showed Trump with 69 percent support.
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis came in second with 24 percent. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) followed in third place with 2 percent over a dozen other candidates such as former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin, and Florida Sen. Rick Scott, who all received 1 percent or less.
Ninety-nine percent of the conference attendees said they approved of Trump’s job as president.
Click here to read more
Get Newt’s Latest Book:
- Our Latest Poll: Are You Concerned that Vladimir Putin may use nuclear weapons?
- According to Zelenskyy, Russian Troops “Were Not Trained For Combat”
- U.S. Facing Butter Shortage Ahead of Holidays
- New Jersey Democrats Want to Require Costco to Sell Gas to Everyone, Not Just Members
- Larry Summers Warns Global Economic Risk Approaching Pre-Great Recession Level