According to a Texas State Teachers Association (TSTA) survey, more than half of Texas teachers say they are on the verge of quitting their jobs. The survey found that 70 percent of the teachers said they were contemplating leaving their teaching careers, the most significant number recorded in the survey’s 40-year history.
TSTA President Ovidia Molina said, “Lingering stress from the pandemic is a factor, but it isn’t the only one. Inadequate pay, political attacks on educators, and the failure of state leaders to protect the health and safety of students and school employees also have combined to drive down the morale of teachers to the lowest level in recent memory and endanger our public school system.”
Around 94 percent of the teachers surveyed said that the pandemic had increased the stress on their professional lives.
Click here to read more
Get Newt’s Latest Book:
- Our Latest Poll: Are you interested in the debate between Governors Newsom and DeSantis?
- Ellis the Elephant Fun Fact: What kind of shop did the Wright Brothers operate prior to their first flight?
- Inner Circle: Pentagon Audit Showing Missing Assets Signals Urgent Need for Reform
- Pentagon Audit Showing Missing Assets Signals Urgent Need for Reform
- Inner Circle: American Despotism – When the Democrat Establishment Collapsed