Three Tennessee school boards denied the application of the American Classical Academy, a K-12 charter school system affiliated with Hillsdale College that provides students with a traditional liberal arts education.
The American Classical Academy alleges that these judgments are politically motivated and based on its ties to Hillsdale. The charter school system has argued that its affiliation with Hillsdale “has nothing to do with the legal requirements or best practices” of authorizing a charter school.
The school boards’ decisions are the latest battle in Tennessee’s education wars. In the midst of an ongoing effort to expand charter schools, teachers’ unions and left-leaning officials are pushing back with messaging campaigns and lobbying, among other actions.
Click here to read more
Get Newt’s Latest Book:
- The Trump of Argentina Wins
- Our Latest Poll: Are you interested in the debate between Governors Newsom and DeSantis?
- Ellis the Elephant Fun Fact: What kind of shop did the Wright Brothers operate prior to their first flight?
- Inner Circle: Pentagon Audit Showing Missing Assets Signals Urgent Need for Reform
- Pentagon Audit Showing Missing Assets Signals Urgent Need for Reform