DC Comics cover art created to commemorate Hispanic Heritage Month has received an extraordinary amount of pushback, with critics implying it promotes racist stereotypes.
The comic powerhouse released seven alternative covers for upcoming comics to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month, which takes place from September 15 through October 15.
One of the covers shows the superhero Green Lantern holding a bag of tamales. On Saturday, Jorge Molina, the Mexican artist behind the artwork, spoke out in a Tweet, saying that the distributed image was not his original creation.
Click here to read more
Get Newt’s Latest Book:
- Our Latest Poll: Are You Concerned that Vladimir Putin may use nuclear weapons?
- According to Zelenskyy, Russian Troops “Were Not Trained For Combat”
- U.S. Facing Butter Shortage Ahead of Holidays
- New Jersey Democrats Want to Require Costco to Sell Gas to Everyone, Not Just Members
- Larry Summers Warns Global Economic Risk Approaching Pre-Great Recession Level