President Joe Biden is set to miss a United Nations roundtable on climate action Wednesday afternoon in New York, forming expectations that other G-7 leaders will also miss the session on potential international global warming negotiations later this year.
The expected absence of Biden served to underscore a warning that came Tuesday in the speech that opened the meeting of the United Nations General Assembly. UN Secretary-General António Guterres said, “The climate crisis is the defining issue of our time. It must be the first priority of every government and multilateral organization.”
The closed-door meeting is anticipated to be held on Wednesday and hosted by Guterres and the president of Egypt.
Click here to read more
Get Newt’s Latest Book:
- Newt’s World – Episode 668: Rob Henderson on Troubled
- Newt Gingrich on Hannity | February 27, 2024
- Trump’s Innovation Leads America Back to the Moon
- Inner Circle: Biden is Losing Ukraine, Alienating Israel, and Putting Americans at Risk
- Biden is Losing Ukraine, Alienating Israel, and Putting Americans at Risk