Newt talks with El Paso City Manager, Tommy Gonzalez and Deputy City Manager of Public Safety, Mario D’Agostino about the migrant crisis in El Paso, Texas.
Over 2.1 million migrants have crossed the U.S. southern border this year. In August alone, there have been 203,597 border encounters. The Mayor of El Paso, Texas, Oscar Leeser, said the City of El Paso has had between 1,500 to 1,900 migrants coming into their city per day and 80% of the migrants coming from Venezuela. The City of El Paso and the U.S. border patrol are working together to manage the huge influx of migrants. The City of El Paso is busing migrants to their destination. Over half of the migrants do not have a sponsor or the money to get to their final destination. Newt’s guests are El Paso City Manager, Tommy Gonzalez and Deputy City Manager of Public Safety, Mario D’Agostino.
Newt’s Latest Podcasts:
- Newt’s World – Episode 565: Fun Things to Do at Smithsonian’s National Zoo
- Newt’s World – Episode 564: Gregg Jarrett on “The Trial of the Century”
- Newt’s World – Episode 563: Cal Thomas on 50 Years in Journalism
- Newt’s World – Episode 562: Balance the Budget to Save America
- Newt’s World – Episode 561: Chairman Jason Smith on the Debt Ceiling