Newt talks with George Beebe, the Director of Grand Strategy at the Quincy Institute, about the ongoing Russia and Ukraine war.
An update on the Russia and Ukraine war. On September 21st, Russia announced it will draft 300,000 reservists to support its military campaign in Ukraine. Russia has lost 5,937 Russian soldiers since the beginning of their invasion. Newt’s guest is George Beebe, former director of the CIA’s Russia analysis and former advisor to Vice President Dick Cheney. He is currently the Director of Grand Strategy at the Quincy Institute. His book, The Russia Trap: How Our Shadow War with Russia Could Spiral into Nuclear Catastrophe is out now.
Guest: George Beebe
Our Narrowing Options in Ukraine – The Hill
Managed Competition: A U.S. Grand Strategy for a Multipolar World – Quincy Institute for Responsible Statecraft
Newt’s Latest Podcasts:
- Newt’s World – Episode 539: Putin and Xi
- Newt’s World – Episode 538: Parents of the World, Unite!
- Newt’s World – Episode 536: The Threat of the Mexican Drug Cartels Part 2
- Newt’s World – Episode 535: Mexican Drug Cartels – Part 1
- Newt’s World – Episode 534: The State of the Economy: SVB, Interest Rates, and Protecting Your Retirement