Newt talks with Dr. Colin Haile from University of Houston about a fentanyl vaccine he has developed which could be a game changer for the opioid epidemic.
According to the Centers for Disease Control, 107,375 people in the United States died of drug overdoses and drug poisonings in the 12-month period ending in January 2022. A staggering 67% of those deaths involved synthetic opioids like fentanyl. Newt’s guest is Dr. Colin Haile.He is a research associate professor in psychology at the University of Houston’s Drug Discovery Institute and author of the new study published in the Journal “Pharmaceutics” titled “An Immunoconjugate Vaccine Alters Distribution and Reduces the Antinociceptive, Behavioral and Physiological Effects of Fentanyl in Male and Female Rats.” In other words, he has developed a fentanyl vaccine which could be a game changer for the opioid epidemic.
Guest: Dr. Colin Halie
Newt’s Latest Podcasts:
- Newt’s World – Newt’s World – Episode 636: Honoring Dr. Henry Kissinger
- Newt’s World – Episode 635: Newt Answers Your Questions
- Newt’s World – Episode 634: Gregg Jarrett on The Constitution of the United States
- Newt’s World – Episode 633: A Thanksgiving Tradition – The Presidential Turkey Pardon
- Newt’s World – Episode 632: Establishing Thanksgiving as a National Holiday