Newt talks with Dr. Marwan Sabbagh about a new Alzheimer’s Disease treatment.
Eisai Co., Ltd. and Biogen Inc. announced on January 6th that under the Accelerated Approval Pathway the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved lecanemab-irmb, which has the brand name in the United States of LEQEMBITM, for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. The approval is based on Phase 2 data that demonstrated that LEQEMBI reduced the accumulation of Aβ plaque in the brain, a defining feature of Alzheimer’s disease. Newt’s guest is Dr. Marwan Sabbagh, MD. He is a behavioral neurologist in the Alzheimer’s and Memory Disorders Program and a professor in the Department of Neurology at Barrow Neurological Institute and was one of the leading doctors of the study.
Guest: Dr. Marwan Sabbagh
Eleven Experts From Leading Medical Institutions And Eight Experts From Eisai* Publish Full Results Of Lecanemab Phase 3 Confirmatory Clarity Ad Study For Early Alzheimer’s Disease In The New England Journal Of Medicine – Eilai
Newt’s Latest Podcasts:
- Newt’s World – Newt’s World – Episode 636: Honoring Dr. Henry Kissinger
- Newt’s World – Episode 635: Newt Answers Your Questions
- Newt’s World – Episode 634: Gregg Jarrett on The Constitution of the United States
- Newt’s World – Episode 633: A Thanksgiving Tradition – The Presidential Turkey Pardon
- Newt’s World – Episode 632: Establishing Thanksgiving as a National Holiday