Newt talks with Dr. Marwan Sabbagh about a new Alzheimer’s Disease treatment.
Eisai Co., Ltd. and Biogen Inc. announced on January 6th that under the Accelerated Approval Pathway the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved lecanemab-irmb, which has the brand name in the United States of LEQEMBITM, for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. The approval is based on Phase 2 data that demonstrated that LEQEMBI reduced the accumulation of Aβ plaque in the brain, a defining feature of Alzheimer’s disease. Newt’s guest is Dr. Marwan Sabbagh, MD. He is a behavioral neurologist in the Alzheimer’s and Memory Disorders Program and a professor in the Department of Neurology at Barrow Neurological Institute and was one of the leading doctors of the study.
Guest: Dr. Marwan Sabbagh
Lecanemab in Early Alzheimer’s Disease – The New England Journal of Medicine
FDA Approves Leqembi™ (Lecanemab-Irmb) Under The Accelerated Approval Pathway For The Treatment Of Alzheimer’s Disease – Eilai
Eleven Experts From Leading Medical Institutions And Eight Experts From Eisai* Publish Full Results Of Lecanemab Phase 3 Confirmatory Clarity Ad Study For Early Alzheimer’s Disease In The New England Journal Of Medicine – Eilai
Newt’s Latest Podcasts:
- Newt’s World – Episode 565: Fun Things to Do at Smithsonian’s National Zoo
- Newt’s World – Episode 564: Gregg Jarrett on “The Trial of the Century”
- Newt’s World – Episode 563: Cal Thomas on 50 Years in Journalism
- Newt’s World – Episode 562: Balance the Budget to Save America
- Newt’s World – Episode 561: Chairman Jason Smith on the Debt Ceiling