Newt talks with Dan Runde from the Center for Strategic and International Studies about what our global strategy should look like in an age of renewed great power competition.
What should our global strategy look like in an age of renewed great power competition? And what must America offer to a newly empowered developing world when we’re no longer the only major player? In his new book, “The American Imperative: Reclaiming Global Leadership Through Soft Power”, Dan Runde makes the case for building a new global consensus through vigorous internationalism and judicious use of soft power. Newt’s guest is Dan Runde. He is the senior vice president, director of the Project on Prosperity and Development and the William A. Schreyer Chair in Global Analysis at the Center for Strategic and International Studies.
Guest: Daniel Runde
Newt’s Latest Podcasts:
- Newt’s World – Episode 667: Craig Shirley on Ronald Reagan
- Newt’s World – Episode 666: Strategic Thinking in a Dangerous World
- Newt’s World – Episode 665: Dr. Michael Roizen on The Great Age Reboot
- Newt’s World – Episode 664: John Ondrasik on “OK”
- Newt’s World – Episode 663: Mark Halperin on Election 2024