Newt talks with Philip K. Howard about his new book, “NOT Accountable: Rethinking the Constitutionality of Public Employee Unions.”
In his new book, “NOT Accountable: Rethinking the Constitutionality of Public Employee Unions” Philip K. Howard argues that public employee unions undermine democratic governance and should be unconstitutional.
American voters elect governors and mayors who, under union agreements, have been disempowered from managing schools, police departments and other public agencies. He presents a searing five-point indictment that constitutional government can’t work when elected leaders lose control over the public operating machinery. Newt’s guest is Philip K. Howard, a leader of government and legal reform in America. He is Chair of Common Good, a best-selling author and has advised both political parties on needed reforms.
Guest: Phillip K. Howard
The Emperor’s Clothes – Common Good
Public Unions Are Hurting Illinois – Common Good
Newt’s Latest Podcasts:
- Newt’s World – Episode 539: Putin and Xi
- Newt’s World – Episode 538: Parents of the World, Unite!
- Newt’s World – Episode 536: The Threat of the Mexican Drug Cartels Part 2
- Newt’s World – Episode 535: Mexican Drug Cartels – Part 1
- Newt’s World – Episode 534: The State of the Economy: SVB, Interest Rates, and Protecting Your Retirement