Newt talks with Dustin Carmack of The Heritage Foundation about the origins of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The debate about where COVID-19 originated has been going on for several years. Did it jump from animal to human as many have insisted, or was it released from the Wuhan Institute of Virology in Wuhan, China? This week, the United States Department of Energy announced that they believe that COVID-19 came from a lab. The FBI has agreed with this theory with “moderate confidence.” Newt’s guest is Dustin Carmack, former Chief of Staff to the Director of National Intelligence during the Trump Administration and currently, he’s a research fellow for cybersecurity, intelligence, and emerging technologies at The Heritage Foundation.
Guest: Dustin Carmack
Lab Leak Most Likely Origin of Covid-19 Pandemic, Energy Department Now Says – Wall Street Journal
China Dismisses Latest Claim That Lab Leak Likely Caused Covid – New York Times
Newt’s Latest Podcasts:
- Newt’s World – Episode 539: Putin and Xi
- Newt’s World – Episode 538: Parents of the World, Unite!
- Newt’s World – Episode 536: The Threat of the Mexican Drug Cartels Part 2
- Newt’s World – Episode 535: Mexican Drug Cartels – Part 1
- Newt’s World – Episode 534: The State of the Economy: SVB, Interest Rates, and Protecting Your Retirement