Newt talks with Veronique de Rugy from the Mercatus Center at George Mason University, about the debt ceiling.
The House voted last Wednesday to pass a bill raising the nation’s debt ceiling, after days of wrangling Republican lawmakers to unify behind the package, which would bolster House Speaker Kevin McCarthy’s position at the negotiating table with the White House. The final vote was 217-215, with four Republicans – Ken Buck of Colorado, Andy Biggs of Arizona, Tim Burchett of Tennessee and Matt Gaetz of Florida – voting against the bill. Newt’s guest is Veronique de Rugy. She is the George Gibbs Chair in Political Economy and Senior Research Fellow at the Mercatus Center at George Mason University and a nationally syndicated columnist.
Guest: Veronique de Rugy
Republicans’ and Democrats’ Refusal To Reform Social Security and Medicare Is Political Malpractice – Reason Magazine
POLICY SPOTLIGHT | An Abundance Agenda Can Restore Our Economy, Revitalize Our Society, and Bring Our Country Together – Mercatus Center
One Stat Rarely Tells the Story – Creators Syndicate
Don’t Believe the Media Fearmongering About Spending Cuts – Reason Magazine
Newt’s Latest Podcasts:
- Newt’s World – Episode 563: Cal Thomas on 50 Years in Journalism
- Newt’s World – Episode 562: Balance the Budget to Save America
- Newt’s World – Episode 561: Chairman Jason Smith on the Debt Ceiling
- Newt’s World – Episode 560: Border Crisis in Yuma, Arizona￼
- Newt’s World – Episode 559: Artificial Intelligence and Public Policy