Newt talks with Veronique de Rugy from the Mercatus Center at George Mason University, about the debt ceiling.
The House voted last Wednesday to pass a bill raising the nation’s debt ceiling, after days of wrangling Republican lawmakers to unify behind the package, which would bolster House Speaker Kevin McCarthy’s position at the negotiating table with the White House. The final vote was 217-215, with four Republicans – Ken Buck of Colorado, Andy Biggs of Arizona, Tim Burchett of Tennessee and Matt Gaetz of Florida – voting against the bill. Newt’s guest is Veronique de Rugy. She is the George Gibbs Chair in Political Economy and Senior Research Fellow at the Mercatus Center at George Mason University and a nationally syndicated columnist.
Guest: Veronique de Rugy
Newt’s Latest Podcasts:
- Newt’s World – Episode 610: The Biden Administration’s Overregulation of EVs and Appliances
- Newt’s World – Episode 609: The Rifle 2 – Combat Stories from America’s Last WWII Veterans
- Newt’s World – Episode 607: Inside Crypto’s Wild Rise and Staggering Fall
- Newt’s World – Episode 606: “The Street Economist”
- Newt’s World – Episode 605: Underserved – Today’s Forgotten Communities