by Newt Gingrich and Bobby Jindal
The House GOP’s Limit, Save, Grow Act to raise the debt ceiling contains within it a vitally important reform — work requirements for able-bodied adults to qualify for Medicaid.
While the Congressional Budget Office estimates the Medicaid work requirements in the bill will save $109 billion over the next 10 years, the money savings are not why the reform is so important. In fact, work requirements for welfare programs are vital for the health and wellbeing of those receiving benefits.
The House GOP Medicaid work requirements build on the highly successful reforms to unemployment insurance and other welfare programs Republicans enacted in 1996.
Read more at FoxNews.com
Newt’s Latest Articles:
- Inner Circle Audio Exclusive: A Look at New Candidates
- Where are Woodward and Bernstein When America Needs Them
- Inner Circle Audio Exclusive: The Durham Report
- Newt’s World – Episode 560: Border Crisis in Yuma, Arizona￼
- Bigger than Watergate
Newt’s Latest Podcasts:
- Newt’s World – Episode 563: Cal Thomas on 50 Years in Journalism
- Newt’s World – Episode 562: Balance the Budget to Save America
- Newt’s World – Episode 561: Chairman Jason Smith on the Debt Ceiling
- Newt’s World – Episode 559: Artificial Intelligence and Public Policy
- Newt’s World – Episode 558: March to the Majority