by Newt Gingrich and Bobby Jindal
The House GOP’s Limit, Save, Grow Act to raise the debt ceiling contains within it a vitally important reform — work requirements for able-bodied adults to qualify for Medicaid.
While the Congressional Budget Office estimates the Medicaid work requirements in the bill will save $109 billion over the next 10 years, the money savings are not why the reform is so important. In fact, work requirements for welfare programs are vital for the health and wellbeing of those receiving benefits.
The House GOP Medicaid work requirements build on the highly successful reforms to unemployment insurance and other welfare programs Republicans enacted in 1996.
Read more at FoxNews.com
Newt’s Latest Articles:
- Inner Circle Audio Exclusive: Retailers Leaving Democrat Run Cities
- The American People Want to Cut Spending
- Two Polls: Huge Problems for Biden
- Newt’s World – Episode 611: Kash Patel on The Deep State
- The Most Important Debate
Newt’s Latest Podcasts:
- Newt’s World – Episode 613: Chairman James Comer on the Biden Impeachment Inquiry
- Newt’s World – Episode 612: The State of the Economy: Government Shutdown + Newt’s Exciting Announcement
- Newt’s World – Episode 610: The Biden Administration’s Overregulation of EVs and Appliances
- Newt’s World – Episode 609: The Rifle 2 – Combat Stories from America’s Last WWII Veterans
- Newt’s World – Episode 608: Religious Liberty v. LGBTQ Books in Public SchoolsNewt’s World –