Newt talks with tech expert, Jessica Melugin, about the recent Twitter and Facebook layoffs and what’s next for big tech.
Mark Zuckerberg, the CEO of Meta, Facebook’s parent company, announced this week that he would be laying of 11,000 employees due to advertising revenue plummeting on the social network. Elon Musk announced he would be laying off 3,700 Twitter employees this week in his new role as CEO of Twitter in an effort to try to restructure the organization.
So, what is the future of Facebook and Twitter and other big tech companies? Newt’s guest is Jessica Melugin, Director of the Center for Technology and Innovation at the Competitive Enterprise Institute.
Guest: Jessica Melugin
Newt’s Latest Podcasts:
- Newt’s World – Episode 609: The Rifle 2 – Combat Stories from America’s Last WWII Veterans
- Newt’s World – Episode 607: Inside Crypto’s Wild Rise and Staggering Fall
- Newt’s World – Episode 606: “The Street Economist”
- Newt’s World – Episode 605: Underserved – Today’s Forgotten Communities
- Newt’s World – Episode 604: Coach Bill Courtney on Being “Undefeated”