Newt talks with tech expert, Jessica Melugin, about the recent Twitter and Facebook layoffs and what’s next for big tech.
Mark Zuckerberg, the CEO of Meta, Facebook’s parent company, announced this week that he would be laying of 11,000 employees due to advertising revenue plummeting on the social network. Elon Musk announced he would be laying off 3,700 Twitter employees this week in his new role as CEO of Twitter in an effort to try to restructure the organization.
So, what is the future of Facebook and Twitter and other big tech companies? Newt’s guest is Jessica Melugin, Director of the Center for Technology and Innovation at the Competitive Enterprise Institute.
Guest: Jessica Melugin
Newt’s World – Episode 451: Twitter’s Troubles
Meta Lays Off More Than 11,000 Employees – New York Times
Elon Musk begins mass layoffs at Twitter – Washington Post
Newt’s Latest Podcasts:
- ￼Newt’s World – Episode 539: Putin and Xi
- Newt’s World – Episode 536: The Threat of the Mexican Drug Cartels Part 2
- Newt’s World – Episode 535: Mexican Drug Cartels – Part 1
- Newt’s World – Episode 534: The State of the Economy: SVB, Interest Rates, and Protecting Your Retirement
- Newt’s World – Episode 533: Newt Answers Your Questions with Vivek Ramaswamy