Newt talks with Joe Gaylord, a senior political advisor, about the midterm elections results.
Why wasn’t there a red wave? What went wrong for Republicans in the midterm elections? Newt’s guest is Joe Gaylord. In 1994, he was named Campaign Manager of the year by the American Association of Political Consultants, an award he won for the successful campaign regaining the U.S. House of Representatives for the first time in 40 years. He also served as the Executive Director of the National Republican Congressional Committee from 1982 until 1989. During his six years at the Republican National Committee, he developed the RNC’s Campaign Management College, a guidebook for candidates.
Newt’s Latest Podcasts:
- Newt’s World – Episode 565: Fun Things to Do at Smithsonian’s National Zoo
- Newt’s World – Episode 564: Gregg Jarrett on “The Trial of the Century”
- Newt’s World – Episode 563: Cal Thomas on 50 Years in Journalism
- Newt’s World – Episode 562: Balance the Budget to Save America
- Newt’s World – Episode 561: Chairman Jason Smith on the Debt Ceiling