Newt talks with Joe Gaylord, a senior political advisor, about the midterm elections results.
Why wasn’t there a red wave? What went wrong for Republicans in the midterm elections? Newt’s guest is Joe Gaylord. In 1994, he was named Campaign Manager of the year by the American Association of Political Consultants, an award he won for the successful campaign regaining the U.S. House of Representatives for the first time in 40 years. He also served as the Executive Director of the National Republican Congressional Committee from 1982 until 1989. During his six years at the Republican National Committee, he developed the RNC’s Campaign Management College, a guidebook for candidates.
Newt’s Latest Podcasts:
- Newt’s World – Episode 515: Liz Lev on the Sistine Chapel
- Newt’s World – Episode 514: Stephen Hunter on “The Bullet Garden”￼
- Newt’s World – Episode 513: Never Forget Our People Were Always Free￼
- Newt’s World – Episode 512: The Debt Ceiling Debate
- Newt’s World – Episode 511: The Immortals: General George Marshall